What is Halal Meat?
Question - "Is McDonald's HALAL?"
UPDATE May 22, 2015 Friday: WE HAVE BEEN INFORMED UK SLAUGHTER IS NOT LIKE USA SLAUGHTER! THEREFORE, THIS ARTICLE ONLY APPLIES TO USA.
PLEASE CHECK WITH YOUR LOCAL HALAL MEAT SUPPILER FOR MORE INFORMATION.
"I want to ask about meat at the supermarket, McDonald's, KFC and non-Muslim's meat. Is its Haram?
Some say these are all Halal.
OK, but is it OK to eat from these sources.
Also is there support for this answer from the Quran & sunnah?"
2. Whatever is in the material world in our day to day lives is always Halal (permitted),
except what is specifically forbidden by Islam.
3. Whatever is worship in any form, is all forbidden, except that which is permitted by Islam.
4. Oppression of anyone (including ourselves) is not permitted by Islam.
For the record, there are many places in non-Muslim countries, even the U.S. and Canada -
where you can eat at a McDonald's, Kentucky Fried Chicken or other famous fast food chains,
and enjoy a perfect halal meal!
As Muslims, we are very unique and Blessed by Allah, in that we still have all the
original information to base our understanding of how to live according to
revelation from Above (Quran and Sunnah).
1. O you who believe! Fulfil (your) obligations. Lawful to you (for food) are all the beasts of cattle except that which will be announced to you (herein), game (also) being unlawful when you assume Ihram for Hajj or 'Umrah (pilgrimage). Verily, Allah commands that which He wills.
2. O you who believe! Violate not the sanctity of the Symbols of Allah, nor of the Sacred Month, nor of the animals brought for sacrifice, nor the garlanded people or animals, etc. [Marked by the garlands on their necks made from the outer part of the treestems (of Makkah) for their security], nor the people coming to the Sacred House (Makkah), seeking the bounty and good pleasure of their Lord.
But when you finish the Ihram (of Hajj or 'Umrah), you may hunt, and let not the hatred of some people in (once) stopping you from AlMasjidalHaram (at Makkah) lead you to transgression (and hostility on your part). Help you one another in AlBirr and AtTaqwa (virtue, righteousness and piety); but do not help one another in sin and transgression. And fear Allah. Verily, Allah is Severe in punishment.
3. Forbidden to you (for food) are: Al-Maytatah (the dead animals - cattle-beast not slaughtered), blood, the flesh of swine, and the meat of that which has been slaughtered as a sacrifice for others than Allah, or has been slaughtered for idols, etc., or on which Allah's Name has not been mentioned while slaughtering, and that which has been killed by strangling, or by a violent blow, or by a headlong fall, or by the goring of horns - and that which has been (partly) eaten by a wild animal - unless you are able to slaughter it (before its death) and that which is sacrificed (slaughtered) on AnNusub (stone altars). (Forbidden) also is to use arrows seeking luck or decision, (all) that is Fisqun (disobedience of Allah and sin).
This day, those who disbelieved have given up all hope of your religion, so fear them not, but fear Me. This day, I have perfected your religion for you, completed My Favour upon you, and have chosen for you Islam as your religion. But as for him who is forced by severe hunger, with no inclination to sin (such can eat these above-mentioned meats), then surely, Allah is OftForgiving, Most Merciful.
4. They ask you what is lawful for them (as food ). Say: "Lawful unto you are AtTayyibat [all kind of Halal (lawfulgood) foods which Allah has made lawful (meat of slaughtered eatable animals, milk products, fats, vegetables and fruits, etc.)].
And those beasts and birds of prey which you have trained as hounds, training and teaching them (to catch) in the manner as directed to you by Allah; so eat of what they catch for you, but pronounce the Name of Allah over it, and fear Allah. Verily, Allah is Swift in reckoning."
5. Made lawful to you this day are At-Tayyibat [all kinds of Halal (lawful) foods, which Allah has made lawful (meat of slaughtered eatable animals, etc., milk products, fats, vegetables and fruits, etc.). The food (slaughtered cattle, eatable animals, etc.) of the people of the Scripture (Jews and Christians) is lawful to you and yours is lawful to them.
(Lawful to you in marriage) are chaste women from the believers and chaste women from those who were given the Scripture (Jews and Christians) before your time, when you have given their due Mahr (bridal money given by the husband to his wife at the time of marriage), desiring chastity (i.e. taking them in legal wedlock) not committing illegal sexual intercourse, nor taking them as girl-friends. And whosoever disbelieves in the Oneness of Allah and in all the other Articles of Faith [i.e. His (Allah's), Angels, His Holy Books, His Messengers, the Day of Resurrection and AlQadar (Divine Preordainments)], then fruitless is his work, and in the Hereafter he will be among the losers.
1: Is there really anything in Islam that restricts our diet?
Answer: Yes. This is confirmed in both the Quran and in the sunnah (hadeeth or teachings of
Muhammad, peace be upon him), many times.
2: What are the restrictions?
Answer: Everything is halal (permissible) except for those things that are specifically forbidden.
5. If a Jewish Rabbi slaughters it, is there anything else to be concerned about? - Usually - "No. This is all you need" - But if there is any real doubt, check with your local imam who has slaughtering experience.
6. What about Christians who might say, "In the Name of Jesus" during slaughtering? - Allah tells us in the Quran that we can eat their meat. It is very doubtful any Christian is saying "Jesus" or "Trinity". Even if they did it, but you didn't know about it, just say, Bismillah and eat it.
7. What about others who are not Christian or Jew?
If you know that someone is not Christian or Jew, and they are involved in the slaughter -- don't eat it.
If you know that they are offering the meat as a sacrifice to some other God than Allah - don't eat it.
If you doubt whether or not a Christian or Jew actually slaughtered the meat, then don't eat it.
8. What about the meat in the grocery stores and fast food chains?
11. What should a family do that lives in the West and halal is just not available in most places?
|< Prev||Next >|
Last Updated (Monday, 29 June 2015 10:35)
Copyright © 2009 ---.
All Rights Reserved.